Human Managed app 1.0 released with bottom line intel on all digital assets
We are incredibly excited to announce the release of Human Managed’s web application, hm.works 1.0. with reports that communicate intel on our customers’ digital business through interactive charts, metrics, and narratives.
Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF)
What is BLUF?
Bottom Line Up Front is the front page headlines of your business, from the point of view of your digital assets. This section tells you the 3 most important things you need to know about your assets that run and support your digital services:
- What are my digital assets?
- How are the digital assets related to each other?
- What assets are important for my business?
What is a digital asset?
A digital asset is an uniquely identifiable object that exists in digital form, which companies utilize to realize value (eg. data, code, infrastructure resources such as network, device, application). We classify your digital assets into three categories:
- Service: offering or group of offering that satisfies a need and provides benefits for your customers (e.g. online banking, marketplace, ride hailing)
- Product: tool or group of tools that are assembled and packaged to deliver multiple services (e.g. microservices, tools, software)
- Resource: underlying components used to create products or support services (e.g. network, device, config)
Why is this important?
Operating a digital business effectively goes hand in hand with knowing your digital environment.
Monitoring unique digital assets, profiling their types, relationships, and priorities improves your organization’s overall posture for digital operations and governance.
This intelligence provide visibility, accurate knowledge and contextualized prioritization for decisions and actions.
Now let’s go through each of the (BLUF) headline.
- What: This card reports the number of newly discovered digital assets from your data sources that are connected to the Human Managed platform and its trend over a period of time.
- Why: Discovering more assets from multiple sources turns the unknown into knowns, and improves the visibility of your digital business.
- How: Connect any of your digital service, product, or resource to the Human Managed platform as a data source to build your asset catalog.
- What: This card reports the percentage of digital assets that are profiled as Resource, Product, or Service and its trend over a period of time.
- Why: Profiling assets with their types increases your knowledge about their role in your business and how they are related to each other. This improves the posture of your digital operations.
- How: Whenever possible, the Human Managed platform classifies newly discovered assets into Resource, Product, or Service and their types (e.g. Product app, Resource config). You can upload your existing asset database, and update their profiles directly on the hm.works app.
- What: This card reports the percentage of digital assets that are profiled with criticality and sensitivity and its trend over a period of time.
- Why: Profiling assets with their criticality and sensitivity increases your knowledge about their comparative importance in your business and improves prioritization in decision making.
- How: Whenever possible, the Human Managed platform profiles your services’ criticality, and products’ sensitivity. Resources adopt their criticality and sensitivity based on the products and services they support. You can upload your existing asset database, and update their profiles directly on the hm.works app.
* * *
And that's the BLUF for hm.works 1.0! We will be releasing more features and updates regularly, so stay tuned.
To get the latest news from Human Managed, follow us on LinkedIn and check out our blog.
* * *
Want to discuss how we can help solve your cyber, digital, or risk operations through data?
Want a test run of the hm.works app?
Have any questions or feedback?
Please contact us at email@example.com.