Since its first release on 13 March 2023, the Human Managed web app hm.works has been getting fresh updates every single week to report on intel generated from any data source from our customers.
📝Note: Read more about our approach to creating intel on your digital business' assets, postures & behavior, and establishing 🔗relationships🔗 between them to improve your decisions and actions for many use cases.
On 23 May, we released the cyber posture scorecard mapped to NIST Cybersecurity Framework by asset type (user, network, device, app, data).
Today, we are excited to release the breakdown of the NIST Function (Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond, Recover) into its Categories -- all with their own scores.
cyber posture scorecard by category 🍩
The cyber posture scorecard by category answers the top 3 things you need to know about your enterprise cyber maturity:
- What sets of controls are applicable to my business to meet my cyber risk goals?
- What control categories cause gaps between my preferred posture state and current posture state?
- What are the recommended programs / activities to close the gap between my current state and target state?
Before we dive into the details,
What is a NIST Category?
NIST Functions organize cybersecurity activities at their highest level.
IST Categories are the subdivisions of a NIST CSF Function into groups of cybersecurity outcomes tied to programmatic needs and activities (e.g. asset management, identity management, access control).
📝Note: Not all NIST Categories are relevant for all businesses. They vary and can change over time with the business' overall cyber risk strategy and priorities.
* * *
NIST Function to Category
To view the score breakdown of each NIST Function, simply click on any donut chart. On each page, you will see:
- Overall maturity score for NIST Function and the percentage gap from your target
- HM's recommendation of programmes / activities to close the gap
- NIST Categories under the NIST Function that are relevant for your business' cyber risk goals, and their respective score.
* * *
And there it is, the cyber posture scorecard that measures the gap between your current and target state of cyber maturity.
All of this is done on-demand through analyzing your data, or more precisely, analyzing the relationships and interactions between data of:
- 🔗 your unique context: digital assets, controls enabled and detected on your assets, tracked process on control policies, implementations, and operations.
- 🔗 industry frameworks: control functions, control measures, key risk indicators, latest standards
* * *
And that is hm.works 1.11! We will be releasing more features and updates regularly, so stay tuned.
To get the latest news from Human Managed, follow us on LinkedIn and check out our blog.
* * *
Want to discuss how we can help solve your cyber, digital, or risk operations through data?
Want a test run of the hm.works app?
Have any questions or feedback?
Please contact us at email@example.com.