Human Managed app hm.works 1.8 released with catalog on security controls
Since its first release on 13 March 2023, the Human Managed web app hm.works has been getting fresh updates every single week to report on intel generated from any data source from our customers.
This week, we are excited to announce the release of a catalog that presents all available controls (rules, checks and policies) that improve the security posture of a business.
controls catalog 🎛️
What is a control catalog?
An interactive data grid that presents the total universe of security controls (policies, rules, and checks) that are detected by the hm.works platform from every active control sensors, such as endpoint detection and response tool, cloud security posture management tool, or SIEM.
The grid view with its filtering and sorting capabilities allows you to explore the control data as you see fit, to identify gaps in the coverage of your controls, and to improve any operations processes. For example:
- continuously update all available controls from existing control sensors, their variety (e.g. malware, abnormal authentication & access), and their types (prevention, deterrent, detection, compensating)
- initiate programmes to improve control coverage with prioritization of controls with high severity scores
- enable controls to detect / prevent specific attack techniques to improve control coverage
- increase controls, control variety and control types for critical assets
- onboard more relevant control sensors and remove unnecessary investments.
Why is control catalog important?
The control catalog answers the top 3 things you need to know about the state of your security controls:
- What security control sensors and controls are available for me to enable?
- What is my current control coverage?
- How do I prioritize my resources and response based on the control severity score?
How do I get a control catalog for my business?
Forward data to hm.works from any data source (devices, app, api, compute, storage, tool or services that generate log, metrics, traces, event data, alerts).
Once hm.works collects your data, we will automatically discover, profile & detect everything required to manage your security posture:
- discover control sensors and their controls through data. Create asset and control catalogs (what assets do I have, and what controls are they configured with?)
- profile asset and control context based on your business models (asset criticality, control severity, baseline, targets)
- detect use cases triggered by the controls (weakness, vulnerability, behavior patterns)
* * *
And that is hm.works 1.8! We will be releasing more features and updates regularly, so stay tuned.
To get the latest news from Human Managed, follow us on LinkedIn and check out our blog.
* * *
Want to discuss how we can help solve your cyber, digital, or risk operations through data?
Want a test run of the hm.works app?
Have any questions or feedback?
Please contact us at email@example.com.